Personal data protection policy - Company users of ClimateCalc
https://edpb.europa.euAccording to the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679), International Association ClimateCalc (IACC) must provide you with information about how we process personal information about you. Below you can read more about how IACC processes your personal information.
1. We are the data controller - how do you contact us?
International Association ClimateCalc (IACC) is the data controller for processing the personal information we have received about you. You will find our contact information below.
If you have questions about our processing of your personal information, please feel free to contact us.
2. Purposes and legal basis for processing your personal information
IACC processes your personal information for the following purposes:
- We process your personal information as part of the support we provide to the company where you are or have been employed, as well as for the verification of carbon accounts we undertake. We store only the names and email addresses of employed or former employees of the company, which we have received from the company or as the company itself has stored in the ClimateCalc calculation module.
The legal basis for our processing of your personal information is:
- If you are or have been employed in a company that uses the ClimateCalc calculation module, IACC processes your contact information. The processing of your personal information will be done in accordance with point (f) of Article 6(1) of the Data Protection Regulation, because processing is necessary for the company to pursue a legitimate interest that precedes your interests as registered.
Legitimate interests pursued with processing
As mentioned above, our processing of your personal data is partly based on the interest-weighting rule in point (f) of Article 6(1) of the Data Protection Regulation. The legitimate interests justifying processing are that the interest of the company in using the ClimateCalc Consideration Module precedes your interests as registered.
The legitimate interests that justify the processing of your contact information as an employee or former employee of a company using the ClimateCalc calculation module is that IACC for operational reasons may need to contact you or your eventual successor for us to perform our tasks for the company.
3. Categories of personal data
IACC processes the following categories of personal information about you:
- IACC processes common personal data in relation to business users of the ClimateCalc calculation module.
4. Recipients of personal data or categories of recipients
IACC is disclosing your personal information or otherwise making your personal information available to the following recipients:
- Your personal information will not be disclosed or otherwise made available unless IACC in the performance of the tasks uses a subcontractor. Any subcontractor will be required to process your personal data confidential.
5. Transfers to recipients in third countries, including international organisations
Your personal information will not be transferred to recipients outside the EU and the EEA.
6. The source of your personal information
IACC has your personal information from yourself or from the company where you are or have been employed.
7. Storage of your personal information
We store your personal information for up to 5 years after the company has stopped using the ClimateCalc calculation module.
8. Automated decision-making, including profiling
IACC do not use automated decision-making.
9. The right to withdraw consent
If the processing of your personal information is based on consent, you have the right at any time to withdraw your consent. You can do this by contacting us at the contact details listed in section 1 above.
If you choose to withdraw your consent, it does not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal information based on consent before its withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent, it will only take effect from the date of withdrawal.
10. Your rights
According to the Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights with respect to our processing of information about you.
If you want to use your rights, please contact us.
Right to see data (Right of access)
You have a right to get access to the data we process about you, as well as several additional information.
Right to rectification
You have a right to have corrected inaccurate personal data concerning yourself.
Right to erasure
In specific situations, you have the right to have information about yourself erased before the time of our general erasure occurs.
Right to restriction of processing
You have, in certain cases the right to obtain restriction of processing. If you have a right to obtain restriction of processing we are only allowed, except for storage, to process data with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another person or for reasons of important public interest.
Right to object
You have, in certain cases, the right to object to our lawful processing of your personal data. You can also object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing.
Right to transmit personal data (data portability)
You have, in certain cases the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the guidelines of the European Data Protection Board (EDPB) which you will find on edpb.europa.eu.
11. Complaint to the Data Protection Authorities
You have a right to lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Authorities if you are not satisfied with the way we process your personal information. You will find the contact information of the authorities on edpb.europa.eu or www.datatilsynet.dk.